Fabricating Vulcanized Fibre
Emco Industrial Plastics is a leading machine shop and fabricator, specializing in custom vulcanized fiber parts for industrial applications. With over 30 years of experience, we have the technical and manufacturing expertise to produce precision custom vulcanized fiber parts for that meet or exceed your specifications.
Request a Quote »
Vulcanized fiber is a tough, resilient laminated plastic material comprised of cellulose. Also known as fishpaper, it is lightweight and strong and exhibits high tear and tensile strength, flexibility, good electrical properties, and moderate temperature resistance. It is also resistant to most organic solvents and oils. It can be easily shaped and conformed to curves and bends.
Grades of Vulcanized Fiber
- Commercial - Used for standard industrial applications
- Electrical - Used for layer and ground insulation, shims and wedges for electrical equipment and motors
- Trunk fiber - Used for wear and skid panels and surfacing for trunks and drum
- Bone fiber - Used for applications that require exceptional hardness and density, such as tubing, cut our fuses, and tight machining
- Wood laminating - Used under thin and exotic veneers to provide stabilization and strength
Vulcanized Fiber Machined Parts:
- Electrical insulation
- Wear and skid panels
Vulcanized fiber machining services:
- Engineering, including CAD/CAM, product and tooling design
- Assistance with material selection
- Complete precision fabricating and CNC machining services, including CNC milling,drilling, die cutting, and CNC turning.
- Precision tolerances to +/-0.005”
- Sizes from small, intricate parts up to large parts
- Quantities from prototypes through full production runs
- In-process quality inspections and testing of finished parts prior to delivery
- Certifications to meet industry standards, including MIL specs, AMS standards, or RoHs compliance
The EMCO Advantage
Emco’s staff works with each client from the initial inquiry through delivery of the finished part to ensure that your part meets or exceeds your specifications.
Emco Industrial Plastics uses the latest technologies and highest quality standards, supported by superior customer service to provide each customer with a finished part that meets or exceeds expectations, is delivered on time and on budget. Call today to talk with one of our vulcanized fiber manufacturing experts.