With 5% boron by weight and our trademark purple color, Plasti-Shield® 5% Borated Polyethylene is manufactured to meet all applicable applications for industrial use, medical applications (with regards to cancer treatment) and is effective shielding for support in all areas of security such as seaports, airports, border protection and other applications requiring attenuation of thermal neutrons.Plasti-Shield® is certified by prime vendors of the U.S. government as the source for Grade II and Grade III neutron shielding material on nuclear submarines and naval warships. Our process, materials, quality programs, sampling, testing, tracing and packaging all meet or exceed military specifications such as MIL-P-23536A and EB2562E. We use MIL-STD-45662 for internal calibration system traceable back to NIST.*
Makes material that meets MIL-P-23536A and EB2562E and have quality procedures that meet all requirements of both.*
- We only use approved suppliers for all Raw Materials.
- We have an approved sampling plan in accordance with MIL-STD-105 with AQL of 0.4%.
- Test for Hydrogen Density to verify correct level.
- Use a Fluoroscopic X-Ray machine to check for voids and foreign materials.
- Capable of performing all packaging and shipping requirements.
- Audited by the Navy Nuclear, Electric Boat and Northrup Grumman every 2 years with no findings.
- Perform all marking of material for traceability in accordance with MIL-STD-792.
- We supply all Lab Reports and all Certifications.
- 100% Visual Inspections are performed on all material.
- We have systems in place to handle the use of NO-FORN documents and have been approved for use in military critical technical data.
Do you need Fabrication or Machining for Plasti Shield?
Contact us today for your fabrication and machining needs!
Request Fabrication/Machining Services