Emco Industrial Plastics is a leading plastic distributor, fabricator, and provider of welding services for customers throughout North America. We maintain extensive inventories of engineering, high-performance, and commodity plastics—including polypropylene—in a variety of forms and sizes to suit different plastic needs, including:
- Angle Welding Rod
- And various flame-retardant polypropylene material
Polypropylene (PP) is available in two basic types: homopolymer (PPH) or copolymer (PPC). Although similar in many respects, each type exhibits distinct differences in both appearance and performance.
At Emco, we offer PPH suitable for use in a wide range of industrial applications, such as:
- Automotive parts
- Electrical components
- Fume Hoods
Characteristics of Polypropylene
Polypropylene is characterized by the following key attributes:
- Resistance to chemicals. As polypropylene does not readily react with diluted bases and acids, it is suitable for use in the manufacture of containers for cleaning agents, medical products, and other chemically sensitive materials.
- Elasticity and durability. The material’s elasticity and plasticity allow it to withstand pressure and stress without breaking.
- Resistance to fatigue. Even after being subjected to bending, flexing, and torsion, parts made out of polypropylene retain their shape.
- Insulation. PP’s high electrical resistance makes it suitable for use in electronic devices.
- Transmissivity. The material is available in transparent and opaque variations, allowing it to accommodate a broader range of light transfer and aesthetic needs.
These qualities, along with a few others, are what make polypropylene suitable for a wide range of industrial and consumer applications, such as the manufacture of point-of-purchase (POP) displays, battery covers, chemical tanks, and complex pump components. Another advantageous properties of PP is its production versatility. The material can easily be machined and fabricated through several different fabrication techniques.
Benefits of PPH
In addition to exhibiting the above characteristics, polypropylene homopolymer also brings its own unique set of qualities to the table. For example, compared to polypropylene copolymer, it demonstrates:
- Higher strength-to-weight ratio
- Better durability
- Greater material stiffness
PPH is suitable for applications that require good resistance to impact, corrosion and chemicals, good weldability and processability, and/or food-safe standard compliance.
PPH From Emco Plastics
At Emco Industrial Plastics, we distribute polypropylene homopolymer sourced from industry-leading manufacturers. Our PPH product offerings include:
- Inertec 100
- Polystone® P
- Polystone® P
- Simona® PP-DWST
- Simona® PP-DWU
- Versadur® 500 Series
For additional information about PPH or our other material offerings, contact us today. If you’re interested in partnering with us for your plastic fabrication or machining needs, fill out and submit the form below.
[SA1]Mark said to get rid of the PPH vs PPC section
Do you need Fabrication or Machining for PP, Homopolymer?
Contact us today for your fabrication and machining needs!
Request Fabrication/Machining Services