Emco Industrial Plastics offers custom glass polyester (GPO) laminate design, machining, and fabricating for industrial applications. With over 30 years of experience, we have the technical and manufacturing expertise to produce precision custom GPO parts for you.
Request a Quote »
We specialize in machining and fabricating GPO, a laminate that is ideal for applications that require stable temperatures, tracking resistance, and low moisture absorption. GPO is a fiberglass laminate comprised of polyester resins laminated with fiberglass. It exhibits high flexural strength, high impact strength and high tensile strength. GPO has high temperature and arc resistance, making it an excellent electrical insulation. It is also easily fabricated.
- GPO-1 is a general purpose laminate used for parts used in high heat and insulating applications.
- GPO-2 is manufactured using a flame-resistant fiberglass laminate. It is high strength and is used for applications that are exposed to continuous heat, such as terminal boards and control panels.
- GPO-3 is mineral-filled, continuous fiberglass reinforced thermoset unsaturated polyester material. It exhibits flame resistance and low smoke generation, coupled with high strength and used for components in automobiles and trucks, electrical equipment, switch gears, and control panels. It is the industry standard material for flame and arc resistant electrical insulation.
GPO Laminate Design Parts
- Control panel components
- Circuit board components
- Power generation, transformer, and motor components
- Electrical insulating and bus bar supports
- Electrical phase and end barriers
- Electrical insulation
- Switch gears
- Angles and channels
GPO Machining Services
- Engineering, including CAD/CAM, product and tooling design
- Assistance with material selection
- Complete precision fabricating and CNC machining services, CNC milling, drilling, and CNC turning
- Precision tolerances to +/-0.005”
- Sizes from small, intricate parts up to large parts
- Quantities from prototypes through full production runs
- In-process quality inspections and testing of finished parts prior to delivery
- Certifications to meet industry standards, including MIL specs, AMS standards, or RoHs compliance
The EMCO Advantage
Our staff will work with you from your initial inquiry through the delivery of your finished part to ensure that your part meets or exceeds your specifications.
Emco Industrial Plastics uses the latest technologies and highest quality standards, supported by superior customer service to provide each customer with a finished part that meets or exceeds expectations, is delivered on time and on budget. Call today to talk with one of our GPO manufacturing experts.