Emco Plastics offers a wide variety of acrylic tubing. We carry extruded and cast acrylic tubes which come in an assortment of sizes and colors. Need a custom size? Let us help! Emco offers a variety of cutting services to suit your every need.
What is the difference between cast and extruded acrylic tube?
Extruded Acrylic Tubing
Cast Acrylic Tubing
- Inexpensive, compared to Cast Acrylic
- Not recommended for machining
- Used mainly for decorative purposes such as displays, aquarium tanks, arts and crafts, etc.
- Available in up to 24” dia and ½” wall thickness
- UV stabilized
- UL 94 HB rated
- Meets FDA standards & BPA free
- Priced per foot, sold in 6' intervals only
- More expensive than extruded acrylic
- Can be machined + glued
- Great for applications that require a high level of optical clarity. Cast acrylic tube has a similar clarity of glass because it is cast in a mold and then polished inside and out
- Cast tubing is significantly stronger and more chemical resistant than extruded tubing and recommended for all lab applications
- UV stabilized; resistant to weathering
- Provides dimensional stability
- More impact resistance than glass
- Maximum temperature: 200°F
- Meets FDA standards
- Priced per foot, sold in 5' lengths only
What applications are acrylic cast tubes commonly used for?
- This type of acrylic is often used for aquariums, awards, financial tombstones, trophies, corporate gifts, and other products that require shaping or machining. It tends to be more clear and made to a higher quality standard, but in doing so makes it more expensive than extruded acrylic.
- Fabrication & Machining
Stock Tube Options
||4 ¾” x 5”
||Clear + Colors
If you require a custom size that is not listed above, please Call or Request a Quote
Need a Custom Fabrication?Request a Quote TodayA member of our team will get with you right away!Request a Quote »