Machinist Handbook Quadrant
Emco Industrial Plastics manufactures custom parts using metal detectable plastics for the food, beverage, and drug manufacturing industries. These industries are strictly regulated to prevent the contamination of the product through the introduction of foreign materials during processing. Processors and manufacturers run the risk of equipment parts that wear out or break during production contaminating the food product, beverage, or drug being manufactured. One of the most effective methods to identify the presence of these objects in the product is metal detectors and X-ray inspection equipment.
Request a Quote »
As manufacturers are replacing metal parts with better-performing plastic parts, the effectiveness of metal detectors and X-ray inspection equipment has decreased and the risk of contaminants not being detected has increased. Due to this, the demand for plastic parts with additives that can be detected by metal detectors or X-ray machines has increased. Emco carries a full line of metal detectable plastics.
Metal Detectable Machined Polymers:
- Acetal - This special metal detectable acetal copolymer is engineered for the food processing and packaging industries.
- Nylon - FDA compliant and 3A-Sanitary Dairy Standard approved, metal detectable nylon keeps the properties of nylon while enabling detection during processing.
- PEEK - Tecapeek® ID combines the high temperature and chemical resistant properties of PEEK with metal detectable properties.
- UHMW - Metal detectable UHMW is used for high wear, high impact equipment parts.
Metal Detectable Machining Services:
- Engineering, including CAD/CAM, product and tooling design
- Assistance with material selection
- Complete precision fabricating and CNC machining services, including CNC milling, drilling, and CNC turning.
- Precision tolerances to +/-0.005”
- Sizes from small, intricate parts up to large parts
- Quantities from prototypes through full production runs
- In-process quality inspections and testing of finished parts prior to delivery
- Certifications to meet industry standards, including MIL specs, AMS standards, or RoHs compliance
The EMCO Advantage
Our staff will work with you from your initial inquiry through delivery of your finished part to ensure that your part meets or exceeds your specifications.
Emco Industrial Plastics uses the latest technologies and highest quality standards, supported by superior customer service to provide each customer with a finished part that meets or exceeds expectations, is delivered on time and on budget.
Call or contact us today to talk with one of our metal detectable and X-ray detectable plastics manufacturing experts.